Please take a look at the wonderful professional development sessions we have planned for the spring semester. We hope to see you there!
How to RSVP Using Flight School
- Access Flight School at http://app.serebracampus.com/polkstate/
- Login using your username and password
- Click All Courses on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click Faculty Professional Development
- Click Faculty and Adjunct – Teaching and Learning
- Click the Add button next to Motivating Students for Success
- A popup box will appear
- Click the circle next to the date, Apr 21
- Click Register Now
- To confirm that you have registered click the My Training tab at the top of the screen and then click Courses on the left-hand side of the screen; You should see Motivating Students for Success in the list
Our next Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Series session is scheduled for Saturday, 11/12 at 10:00 a.m. in LTB 1310. We hope to see you there! Click here to RSVP.
Our second Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Series session is scheduled for Saturday, October 22 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in LAC 1207 (room change). We’ll be focusing on strategies for assessing learning including how to construct better tests, interpreting results from tests, and Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs). We hope that you’ll join us!
We’re about to kick off our brand new Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Series. The first session is fast approaching and is scheduled for Saturday, September 24 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. in LTB 1310.
This month’s session will focus on dealing with classroom problems and issues. A panel of expert Polk State College faculty will share their best practices for dealing with a range of disruptions including electronics in the classroom, grade disputes, and plagiarism. The session will include a review of select college procedures relating to classroom disruption. You’ll also be able to ask questions about specific issues you’ve encountered in the classroom.
If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by completing the form below by Wednesday, September 21. We’ll have light refreshments and door prizes. Those in attendance will also receive a certificate of completion suitable for inclusion in a teaching portfolio. Attendance is open to all Polk State faculty and staff!