Field trips provide a rich educational experience for students. Procedure 1008 contains the guidelines and procedure for planning and implementing off-campus field trips. In order to ensure the safety of our students, it is important to carefully follow College policy and procedure. The resources below will guide you through the process. Please note that this applies to field trips conducted as part of college-credit classes.
To view the recording of the field trip training conducted on June 26, 2014, please click here.
Please make note of the following:
- Required field trips must be listed in the course syllabus.
- Field trips that occur outside of the normal class time should be listed in the schedule of classes or treated as optional.
- Students should not be penalized if they cannot attend a field trip outside of the regularly scheduled class time unless the field trip was listed in the schedule of classes.
- The procedure must be followed for each field trip taken.
- The Student Code of Conduct still applies when students are on a field trip. Students should be reminded that normal classroom conduct is expected. See Student Conduct for more information.
Steps for Planning a Field Trip.
- Obtain written approval from the appropriate Dean of Academic Affairs by completing the Field Trip Approval Form below. Form should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the field trip.
- Once you receive approval, complete a Travel Leave Request.
- Have each student complete and submit a Field Trip Release Form. Please note that students who are under 18 must obtain permission from a parent or guardian. Once your trip is approved you will receive a report from the Dean’s Office identifying the students who need to obtain parent or guardian permission.
- Submit Leave Form, Field Trip Release Forms, and a list of students participating (a class roster is acceptable) to the Dean’s Office. Paperwork should be submitted no later than five working days prior to the field trip.
Field Trip Approval Form
Please complete the appropriate approval form below. Submit this form no later than two weeks prior to the field trip. You will be contacted by the Dean’s Office within two to three working days.
Approval Form for Lakeland Campus Classes
(Use this form for all classes and programs reporting to the Lakeland Campus.)
Approval Form for Winter Haven Campus Classes
(Use this form for all classes and programs reporting to the Winter Haven Campus.)